When Morton’s was co-founded in 1978 by Arnold J. Morton and Klaus Fritsch, they had little idea that their iconic restaurant would make it to Singapore and to another 7 international locations. Before they became friends and restaurant entrepreneurs, Morton and Fritsch worked together at the Playboy Club in Montreal. When the club was in the process of changing its menu, Fritsch made a hamburger for Morton to taste. Morton said the burger was the best he’d ever had. Morton and Fritsch then opened Morton’s of Chicago – in Chicago. The original outlet is still there.
The steaks, which are all USDA Prime cuts flown in from the USA, are simply always excellent – and prepared exquisitely. There is something special about the way that steak is cooked at Morton’s – the chefs are consistent and steaks are always cooked precisely.
Here’s how they do it with their top tips for cooking steak at home:
- Take the steak out from the refrigerator and leave for 30 minutes in room temperature before cooking. If the steak was kept in the freezer, defrost the steak 24 hours in advance in the refrigerator before cooking. DO NOT defrost the steak in warm or running water.
- Cut the packaging and pat the steak dry with kitchen paper towel and get the extra moisture out
- Lightly season the steak with Morton’s seasoning on both sides
- Heat up a non-stick pan and put some oil – ensure the pan is smoking hot if you prefer charred steak
- Sear the steak on both sides for around 2-3 minutes on high heat (medium rare to medium)
- Flip the steak only once when one side is cooked
- Optional – Add some butter and fresh rosemary in the pan and put the melted butter on the steak
- Put the steak on a plate to rest for one minute then served with heated Morton’s Au Jus`
Get Amazing Morton’s Steaks Delivered | Special CB Prices | Call and place your order between 12pm-8pm at +65 6339 3740 or email [email protected] and enjoy our juicy steaks at home. Download the menu here